Now, more than ever, Kimco understands customers' desired to be as green as possible. Considering social, environmental, and economic factors when performing projects is what sets Kimco apart. Kimco strives to use green and recyclable products and practices whenever possible, and has completed rigorous environmental trainings and certifications.
Our policy is to create value by considering various environmental factors associated with Kimco Services' business processes. We are committed to achieving and maintaining sustainable operations that continue to meet the needs of our current generation, without sacrificing the needs of future generations. To achieve this, we:
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment for employees and contractors.
- Extend our influence to improve safety and health away from work for employees, families, and customers.
- Work with our customers to supply sustainable solutions and continuously improve our services.
- Are active partners with our customers and local communities to achieve sustainability goals.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and corporate requirements.
- Strive for continuous improvement in our business, employees, and technology for the benefit of the community.
- Safeguard the environment through pollution prevention and efficient use of resources, creating environmental improvements wherever practical.
- Effectively employ the company's capital to ensure long-term financial strength.
- Consider sustainability an integral part of our business plan and decision-making process.
The products and equipment used in our Green Cleaning Program meet the criteria of the U.S.. Green Building Council's LEED-EB rating system and are certified by Green Seal.
- Touchless cleaning equipment cleans using low-pressure chemical dispersal system, followed by a manual scrubbing, a pressure rinse, and finally the soiled solution is evacuated into a separate tank for disposal.
- Recycled restroom products, such as recycled restroom paper products and recycled trash can liners.
- Specialty entryway matting can be utilized to dramatically reduce the amount of particles that enter a building.
- HEPA-certified vacuum cleaner, a high-efficiency particulate air filtration vacuum that contains 99.9% of airborne particles.
- Auto scrubber uses no chemicals to clean, only electrolyzed water.
- Micro-fiber mops and cleaning rags college 98% of soil particles on the cloth and contain them until discharged. Micro-fiber absorbs more moisture than conventional materials, resulting in less chemical use and more effective cleaning.